- Τelphone: 80008181-26822270-26822355
- Working hours: 7:30am - 2:30pm
- Contact Address: Pafos Municipality, ΚΕ.Π.Ε.Δ., P.O Box 60032, 8100 Pafos
- Fax: 26931900
In the modern era of communication and briefing, justified demands and increased requirements, the Municipality made an effort to be near its Citizen by seeking new ways of social intervention, new fields of collaboration and channels of communication and thus created the Office of Service Citizen in the year 2000.
Six years after the practical demonstration of the usefulness and effectiveness of the Office, but especially the strong response of citizens in the initiative, imposed the strengthening and upgrading of the Office that by expanding the role an enriching its actions changed to Information and Service Center of Citizens in the year 2006.
Core competence of the Center is to promote direct complaints, problems and requests by the public to the relevant services of the municipality for consideration and resolution. The Center through specialized computer programs, monitors their development from the early stage of their submission to the outcome of the final result.
Within the framework of this duty the Center provides the following Services:
- Enables the citizens of Pafos to address and express their complaints or claims and to demand the right of service.
- Accepts the public and provides guidance for issues of interest and advice on procedures.
- Coordinates and monitors the progress of problem solving or complaints and informs the Head Office accordingly for any delays.
Other Services the Center provides:
- Observes and analyzes statistics related to the type of complaints, their nature and time of submission as well as the categories of complaints and requests.
- Suggests ways of preventive action to prevent requests and complaints from the public.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the agencies and recommends ways to achieve higher level of service.
- Examines the complaints of the public assigned to it and submits reports and recommendations to the Head Office.
- Arranges the preparation and submission of an annual report in relation to the work of the Center. This report includes numerical and statistical analysis of complaints of the year, findings from the operation of the institution as well as suggestions for resolving problems that occur.
- To improve the communication system between the organic units of the municipality.
- Το develop an honest dialogue with citizens, through which becomes obvious the necessity of the institution and the upgrading of the services offered.
- To establish mechanisms - as we already do with the creation of the Small Problems Restoration -for dealing with the everyday problems of public concern.
- To resolve simple problems, which may otherwise take too long.
- To promote transparency and objectivity in terms of informing the citizens.
- To promote public awareness, highlighting problems on the streets, in parks, pavements, city lighting and many others.